If you have a larger network, then WakeOnLanx is a great option for you! Not only is it free, but it is more than just a WOL application. It is networking management and monitoring platform that can remotely, simultaneously wake up, reboot, or shutdown multiple remote hosts while monitoring their status in real-time with integrated pinging.
WakeOnLanx has a highly configurable GUI Interface that is packed with loads of features you will love.
Features & Reviews
- GUI Interface
- No remote agent installation required, just launch the EXE
- Integrated task scheduler to launch any task at a specified time
- Retrieve MAC addresses from remote hosts which is required for WOL
- Simultaneously initiate download and/or installation of Windows updates on multiple remote computers from a single console
- Multiple filter options gives you the ability to select updates by different groups: critical updates, security updates, service packs, etc.
- Start and stop services remotely
- Terminate remote processes
- Retrieve the last boot times and used/free C: disk space from remote hosts
- Use your own WSUS server, or use BatchPatch in conjunction with Microsoft Update as an effective WSUS alternative
Must have the .NET Framework 4.0 or later installed on the computer you’re running it from.
100% Free !!!