There are lots of Wake-On-Lan options but you can never really go wrong with a SolarWinds product.
When it comes to Wake-On-Lan products, less is more and this Free SolarWinds Wake-On-Lan tool does just what you need, no more, no less. The program sends a “magic packet” to the target machine on a network, letting it know it’s time to wake up.
If the WOL feature is enabled in the BIOS, the system will startup as if someone pressed the power button.
Features & Review
- Price = FREE!
- Wake & Power up your Network PC Remotely
- When enabled and the device shuts down, its NIC is still receiving power
- Even when shut down, your PC can be turned back on remotely with this tool
To implement Wake on LAN in your Patch Manager deployment, ensure that:
- Target systems include a NIC that supports Wake on LAN.
- Wake on LAN is enabled in the BIOS.
- Patch Manager can connect to the target systems using a UDP broadcast.
- You set up Wake on LAN in the Patch Manager Administrator Console to collect the MAC address of all targeted systems on one or more subnets.
- You scheduled the Wake on LAN task in the Patch Manager Administrator Console
100% Free !!!